The mainstream use of CBD has increased rapidly in the past year. According to the statistics, taboos surrounding this powerful natural remedy are overcome. CBD and cannabis in general, enjoy a better reputation nowadays. This is a result of many scientific types of research showing its beneficial effects. Besides the facts, satisfied consumers are spreading the good word.
CBD does indeed have great benefits for the human body and has the power to alleviate the symptoms of many maladies.
Let’s start with the definition of CBD and the reason behind its powerful effects.
What is CBD?
CBD is an abbreviation for Cannabidiol a primary non-psychotropic compound derivate from the plant cannabis. Cannabidiol is just one of the 113 cannabinoids found in the plant. Its chemical structure is similar to THC but different in a way that does NOT affect you as a drug and doesn’t provide the “high feeling”.
The Effect of CBD
Many people wonder why cannabinoids have such a powerful effect on our bodies. Scientists were asking themselves the same question. Therefore, by monitoring the effect of the use of cannabis they have come to a major discovery.
Our body has an independent endocannabinoid system (obviously named after the cannabis plant). Body’s endocannabinoid system is comprised of:
- Endocannabinoids – neurotransmitters
- Cannabinoid receptors – CB1 and CB2 ( types of receptors)
Glands in our body produce endocannabinoids and release them in order for them to bind on the receptors and trigger different processes and changes in the body. These neurotransmission processes regulate many significant metabolic processes in our body.
Cannabinoid receptors are found everywhere in our body: organs, skin, connective tissue, brain.
CBD is a cannabinoid that is very similar to the endocannabinoids our body produces. Therefore, the presence of CBD in our body has the ability to bind to the receptors and act the same as the ones produced inside the body. Moreover, it has the ability to affect changes and regulate processes that maintain to keep the body balance.
Metabolic Processes that are regulated by the Endocannabinoid system are:
- Pain reception/mood regulation
- Stress and anxiety management
- Sleep cycle
- Muscle movement
Benefits of CBD
Taken into consideration everything that is explained above, CBD can affect changes in the main processes that regulate the overall well-being of our body. When affected by external factors our bodies are facing difficulties to maintain the balance. In situations where some of the processes mentioned above are disturbed, the increased concentration of cannabinoids such as the intake of CBD gives a boost to the body. Our body needs more cannabinoids that can produce in exceptional situations. The help of CBD in these kinds of situations has its famous and very beneficial effects on the body implying them through the endocannabinoid system:
- Helps with pain relief (it helps the body to change the pain perception)
- Alleviates the inflammation
- Decreases anxiety and stress
- Helps regulate disrupted sleeping cycle (fights insomnia)
- Helps in eliminating depression
- Helps with weight regulation
- Alleviates the symptoms of nausea and vomiting (especially as a side effect of chemotherapy)
- May help in regulating women’s fertility
- Alleviates menstrual aches
- Prevents seizures (Epilepsy)
- Helps with Parkinson disease
Uses of CBD
If you are in need of using CBD or you want to maintain a good balance and great overall health, you can intake CBD in many ways. The market, nowadays, offers numerous different products that are CBD infused:
- CBD oil (tincture)
- Vaping oil
Here are our recommendations on how to use CBD for what purpose:
- CBD for pain – if you are suffering from chronic pain in your joints, muscles or you are searching for a method to alleviate sports injuries, we recommend the CBD balm. It is very effective in muscle, joint pain, and stiffness relief and also provides great skin care.
- CBD for anxiety – Depending on the level of anxiety issues, nervousness and presence of panic attacks, many people are satisfied by taking a proper dose of CBD oil (tincture).
Another proven method is vaping CBD. Many people prefer this method as the effect is instant. With BCD oil it takes time for the effect to kick in.
- Insomnia – taking CBD oil or spraying a CBD spray directly into your mouth is the recommended method for dealing with insomnia.