There are a number of 80+ year-old yogis and yoginis who have been asked what is their secret to being in such great physical and mental shape. They let us in on a little secret and shared that they include broccoli, green tea, and spirula into their diet.
When these three foods are taken together, they will deliver an extraordinary amount of natural energy. While you can get the long-term benefits from having each of these by themselves, there is some extra power you get when taking the trifecta combo.
So, what makes broccoli, green tea, and spirulina so special? I’m going to break down the main benefits of these so you can see just how extraordinary they are at improving health and well-being.
Benefits of Broccoli
Brocolli looks a bit like a tiny tree, and is related to foods like kale and cauliflower. It’s a food that is packed full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It has all of the daily vitamin C and K you need, and then some. It also contains vitamins A and B9, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium.
Additionally, it will provide the following benefits:
- Powerful antioxidants that prevent oxidative stress and cellular damage, especially in your eyes.
- Bioactive compounds that reduce inflammation in your body thanks to their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Protects against several types of cancer, such as breast, prostate, stomach, colon, kidney, and bladder cancers.
- Regulates blood sugar levels, helping avoid diabetes.
- Reduces “bad” cholesterol while increasing “good” cholesterol.
- Protects the heart due to its antioxidants and fiber.
- Slows down the biochemical processes of aging.
- Keeps the immune system strong thanks to vitamin C
- Delivers nutrients that keep bones and joints healthy.
- Protects the skin from damage due to overexposure to the sun.
Ideally, you will steam your broccoli, but not for too long. You want to make sure you’re not destroying the nutrients you’re after.
Benefits of Green Tea
Whether you drink green tea or take green tea extract as a supplement, you will be getting some incredible health benefits. Here are some of the most astounding ones that keep you healthier for longer:
- The polyphenols reduce inflammation and even help prevent cancer.
- A catechin called EGCG is a powerful antioxidant that prevents cellular damage.
- Contains enough caffeine to improve brain function, mood, reaction time, and memory, but not enough to cause jitters or other unwanted side effects.
- Reduces the risk of getting prostate, breast, and colon cancer.
- Protects the brain from neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimers and Parkinson’s disease.
- Improves insulin sensitivity and reduces blood sugar levels, which helps prevent diabetes.
- Significantly reduces the risk of heart disease by raising good cholesterol and lowering bad cholesterol.
Finally, if you drink green tea, you are more likely to live longer than someone who doesn’t drink green tea, according to a study of 14,000 older Japanese people.
If you are going to drink green tea, I highly recommend getting only organic green tea. That is because tea is some of the most heavily sprayed crops on Earth, giving cotton a run for its money. The few dollars extra spent on organic green tea will potentially avoid a lot more spent on health issues in the future.
Benefits of Spirulina
The third element in the trifecta of a long and energetic life is spirulina. This is a blue-green algae that is packed with protein and high nutritional content. Some of the greatest benefits of spirulina are:
- Improves gut health.
- Lowers blood sugar levels, helping prevent diabetes or manage its symptoms
- Lowers bad cholesterol while raising good cholesterol, which helps avoid heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure, relieving hypertension.
- Reduces nasal inflammation and allergies.
- Helps get rid of toxicity from elements like arsenic, fluoride, iron, lead, and mercury.
- Contains tryptophan, which converts into serotonin, which improves mood.
Follow the Guidance of Our Elders
Some of our elders truly are worthy of that title. You can count 80-something yogis and yoginis as being people to take advice from, because the results speak for themselves. Once you start taking broccoli, green tea, and spirulina for a few weeks, I am sure you will begin to notice the rejuvenating benefits.
JOIN OUR UNCENSORED TELEGRAM CHANNEL HERE